We must rethink work and and its importance in the economic growth system if we are to keep our world from warming by more than 1.5°C. Meaningful activities need to be expanded and employment reduced. The European Green Deal has to take up this subject too.
This event will start with short presentations on post-growth work and meaningful activities by Irmi Seidl (co-editor with Angelika Zahrnt of the book with same title) and on working time reduction by Tiziano Distefano (Locomotion research project). This is followed by a panel discussion on “Rethinking work within the European Green Deal” with Katrin Langensiepen (Member of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA), Ludovic Voet (Confederal Secretary, European Trade Union Confederation), Jan Mayrhofer (European Youth Forum), Frank Siebern-Thomas (Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion).
- 15.00 – 15.05: Welcome and moderation Katy Wiese (European Environmental Bureau)
- 15.05 – 15.15: Presentation of the book ‘’Post-growth work’’ by Irmi Seidl and Angelika Zahrnt
- 15.15 – 15.20: Presentation on Working Time Reductions by Tiziano Distefano (University of Pisa)
- 15.20 – 16.00: Panel discussion with Jan Mayrhofer (Europen Youth Forum), Katrin Langensiepen (Greens/EFA), Ludovic Voet (European Trade Union Confederation) & Frank Siebern-Thomas (DG EMPL), Irmi Seidl (WSL)
- 16.00 – 16.25: Questions and Answer
- 16.25 – 16.30: Closing, including implications
The event is organized by the European Environmental Bureau.
For more information and to sign up, look here.